I will be speaking at this event on 18.1.2011 with a bunch of other fehmes people. But this talk is no easy talk. Usually in my talks, my presentation slides follow my lead. However, in this Pecha Kucha presentation, I need to follow the slides! There are a total of 20 slides in this presentation. I am allocated a fixed 20 seconds for each slide. You can check out the video below for a good introduction on Pecha Kucha.
The stakes are now higher. Instead of delivering good content, I have to deliver it in style! NIAMALOH!! Already got problem with the first part!!!
Anyway, here’s the information about the event. Check out the Facebook page for more information.
Back by popular demand, Pecha Kucha Night (PKN), the global design networking/social event that draws creative talents together is back for its eleventh instalment!
In the first Pecha Kucha of 2011, join host Niki Cheong and the British Council who will present a line up of big names, with even bigger personalities to match as they share their stories and journeys about social media and the way it has revolutionalised the way we… communicate!
• Niki Cheong – Journalist and social media advocate
Website | http://www.nikicheong.com/
Twitter | @nikicheong
• Daphne Iking –TV host and actress
Website | http://daphneiking.blogspot.com/
Twitter | @daphCLPT
• Tengku Zatashah Idris – Online entrepreneur of exclusive gift collection company Originalo
Website | http://originalo.com.my/
Twitter | @zatashah
• Low Ngai Yuen – Director, producer and head of the newly revived Kakiseni.com team
Website | http://www.kakiseni.com/
Twitter | @ngaiyuen
• Julian Hopkins – PhD candidate at Monash University, Sunway Campus researching the commercialisation of Malaysian blogs
Website | http://julianhopkins.net/
Twitter | @julianhopkins
• James Chong – Independent Internet Strategist Heading Online & Social Media for P1
Website | http://aidsaware.ruumzcauses.com/
Twitter | @warbaby
• Zain HD – Project Manager for RandomAlphabets (the collective behind Glee Flashmob Dance KL, Tali Tenang and Freeze for Unison) and Wago, which does social media PR and alternative events
Website | www.randomalphabets.com
Twitter | @zainhd
• Foong Cheng Leong – Senior Associate at Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill focusing on Intellectual Property and Information Technology and cyberlaws
Website | www.xes.cx
Twitter | @xescx
• Sivin Kit – Pastor at Bangsar Lutheran Church and social activist
Website | http://sivinkit.net/
Twitter | @sivinkit
• Jonson Chong – Human rights lawyer and former KEADILAN communications director
Website | http://jonsonchong.com/
Twitter | @jonsonchong
The event is on 18.1.2011, 8pm. There is no entry fee but it’s on a first-come-first-served basis. The event will be held at Delucca, The Italian Restaurant on Jalan Mesui in Kuala Lumpur (opposite No Black Tie/Palate Palette).
4 thoughts on “Pecha Kucha Kuala Lumpur – Vol. 11 – Getting Social”
woah! congrats! 😀
Malko.S and Malko.B will be thereeeee!!! Yeahh!
Malko: oo u girls can leavee when i speakkkkk im gonna screw uppp badlyy