With a new office in place, I may now need an additional mobile phone. As a practicing lawyer, I think it is important to have an additional phone.
Smart phones nowadays have very short battery life and usually they do not last more than a day. With stiff competition in the legal profession, we must be connected at all times. A missed call is a missed opportunity.
The other advantage of having an additional phone is to separate work and personal. Some of my friends designate one line purely for work and they will turn it off after office hours. I think its a good idea. I have a former client who gave me 10 miss calls. He was demanding but I tried my best to accommodate. But he didn’t pay my bills.
Since I have an iPad, I’m considering getting a iPhone 4S since I’m quite familiar with iOS. There are some Apps which allows synchronization of data. I just started to use Evernote. With Evernote, I can access the data I stored on my iPad Evernote in my other devices.
As for the mobile line, I’m considering getting a Maxis line. Their new iPhone 4S plan comes in 4 namely:
1. For the Best iPhone Experience Seekers
2. For the Budget Conscience
3. For Heavy Surfers
4. For Existing Value Plus Customers.
1. For the Best iPhone Experience Seekers – iPhone 4S is as low as RM1,250 (on a 24-month contract) with iValue 2 plan at RM155/month.
2. For the Budget Conscious – Surf + Text + Talk from only RM30/month with Value Plus Internet plan.
3. For the Heavy Surfers – 1.5 GB at RM50/month with Internet Value Plan.
4. For Existing Value Plus Users – 1G data transfer at RM48/per month with Mobile Internet Plan.
For heavy surfers like me, I need at least 1.5G a month. Text message is almost non existence. Only my Dad texts me nowadays and only my Mum leaves me voice messages -_-. WhatsApp and BBM have taken over.
Heavy Surfers plan is rather interesting. You will only have Internet connection. I thought it’s only for tablets but you now can get it for iPhone.
For more information, you can check out http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/iphone/rates.asp.